We are excited to be heading to the city of Ziyuan, Guang Xi Province, China where we will be holding our 19th World Rafting Championship on the Wu Pai River! This location was used for the 2017 and 2018 World Cup Series and will see another World Cup event later this year. Enjoyed by all, it was a popular choice as a great location for a World Rafting Championship and so we are delighted to present it as the location for WRC 2021.
The National Sports Administration of China, through their Water Sports Management Centre and the Guang Xi Provincial Sports Bureau, are pulling out all the stops to ensure as many teams as possible can attend this great event.
No Entry Fee!
Yes, you heard right! There is no Entry Fee! To ensure a fair registration process each team will have to pay a “commitment” fee of $100 USD which will be refunded when they arrive to compete!
Accommodation and local transfers are free!
Yes! The organisers are covering all your local costs as well! This includes transfers to/from Guilin International Airport (within a week of the competition), all transfers to/from the river, three meals a day and vibrant and engaging opening and closing ceremonies.
What DO you have to pay for?
You must pay for your own flights and visas. To help with that we have secured discounts to both Pre-Worlds and the 2020 WRC (up to 25% off on certain routes) with the oneworld Airlines Alliance.
You also have the opportunity to win prize money!
To sum up the key elements:
Dates: 15 – 21 August 2021
- River: WuPai River
- Location: Ziyuan, Guilin, Guangxi Province, China
- Categories: Men and Women
- Divisions: Open; Masters (40+); Under 19; Under 23
- Rafts: R4
- Organisation hosting event: WSMC
- Contact details: Sean Clarke
- Event Director: Sean Clarke
- Race Director: Tim Marshall
- Safety Director: Paul Eames
- H2H start direction: facing downstream as per old system
TEAM / PARTICIPANTS INFORMATION:
- Registration opens early 2021
- First information letter coming soon
- Event Fees: Details coming
- IRF Fees: all members must be up to date with their fees due to the IRF. Please contact IRF Admin as to how to pay these fees.
Teams competing ():
- Open Men
- Open Women
- Masters Men
- Masters Women
- U23 Men
- U23 Women
- U19 Men
- Location : Ziyuan, Guilin, Guangxi Province, China (closest international airport Guilin – 60 minutes by coach to Ziyuan)
- River : Wu Pai River
- Grades : G2/3; DR has one G3+/4 short gorge section with plenty of safety cover
In the meantime, check out the video
IRF World Rafting Champs